Elementary Guidance Counselor
557-2227 extension 419
Hello everyone! I have been a school counselor for Hinsdale Central School going on 22 years. For the first seventeen years, I was the Secondary Guidance Counselor working with grades 7-12. The past five years I have been the Elementary Counselor working with grades; Pre K- 6.
My education includes; Associates- Jamestown Community College, Bachelors /Buffalo State College /Criminal Justice, St. Bonaventure /MSED/ Counseling Psychology, and Advanced Certificate in School Counseling.
I have worked as a Child Care Specialist at Randolph Childrens Home for 8 years, ReHabilitation Center as a Placement Specialist for 6 years, Coordinator of the YMCA Midnight Basketball Program for 8 years.
My twenty-two years at Hinsdale Central School, serving your students has been one of the greatest priviledge of my life.
My interests; All sports; especially St. Bonaventure basketball, Buffalo Bills and golf! Gardening and reading
As school counselor I am involved in many different activities throughout the school year. These include, but are not limited to:
- Individual counseling with students as needed.
- Classroom guidance lessons on a variety of topics including conflict resolution, making choices, bullying, study skills, stress management, character education and others.
- Consultation with parents and teachers to meet the individual needs of students.
- Coordinate referrals to school and community agencies.
- Crisis Counseling and intervention for all students as needed
- Maintain a resource center in the Counseling Office
- Individual or Group Counseling for students as mandated by their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan
- Coordinate College Visits and Career Fairs for students Pre K - 6