Vision Statement: Hinsdale CSD will be a premier rural school district in New York State by 2020.
Mission Statement: Our Hinsdale community engages and inspires all students to be responsible, respectful 21st Century Learners prepared to succeed in a competitive world.
Core Beliefs: We are….
- A lifelong learner is balanced in academic, extra-curricular activities, family and community.
- An optimistic school community looks forward to its successful future.
- Benevolence strengthens the sense of community.
- Creativity is welcomed and encouraged.
- Academics are fundamental for success.
- Trustworthy individuals hold the key to respect.
- Perseverance leads to success.
- A respectful school environment is imperative for everyone’s learning.
- Inspired learners of all ages are engaged.
- Dedicated stakeholders create/inspire motivation.
- Being enthusiastic is inspiring and contagious.
21st Century Learning Skills
- Ways of Thinking: creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and learning.
- Ways of Working: communication and collaboration.
- Tools for Working: information and communications technology and information literacy.
- Skills for Living in the World: citizenship, life and career, and personal and social responsibility.