Ms. Cheryl Weaver
716-557-2227 extension 251
Please leave a message as the extension is considered a classroom and goes straight to voicemail!
I am the new elementary school counselor for Hinsdale Central School! I’m very excited to get to know the students and families in the district. Everyone has been very welcoming and I look forward to a fantastic year!
My education includes; Associates - Finger Lakes Community College, Bachelors – Binghamton University (psychology), Masters – Binghamton University (social science) and St. Bonaventure (MSED in school counseling). I am currently a post graduate student at SUNY Brockport finishing my advanced certification in school counseling.
I have worked in various settings with children and youth. I began my career working at an emergency room providing crisis counseling then went back to college in order to work with children in the school setting. I worked as a school counselor for BOCES at Pioneer and Portville. I then worked for The Guidance Center and Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth providing school, home and community counseling services to children and families. I am very excited to be returning to the school setting full time.
My interests include spending time with my family and dogs, baking/decorating cakes, being outdoors (hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling), crochet, reading, and so much more.
As school counselor I am involved in many different activities throughout the school year. These include, but are not limited to:
- Individual counseling with students as needed.
- Weekly visits with the Kindergarten classes teaching and reinforcing social and coping skills. Plans for additional grade levels to come!
- Classroom guidance lessons on a variety of topics including conflict resolution, making choices, bullying, study skills, stress management, character education and others.
- Consultation with parents and teachers to meet the individual needs of students.
- Coordinate referrals to school and community agencies.
- Crisis counseling and intervention for all students as needed
- Individual or group counseling for students as mandated by their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan