Here are some tips to encourage children to wear masks:
1. Host a Family practice session – How to put it on. Clean hands. A good fit. How to remove it. Sanitize or wash after use. Demo on a stuffed animal.
2. Let them pick their own. Decorate it! Make sure it’s a good fit – not too loose and not uncomfortable.
3. Encourage thoughtfulness of others. Explain avoidance of germs for self and others. Use the Super-Hero comparison!
4. Refresher on healthy habits – regular handwashing, use of tissues, cough into elbows. Masks are now included in daily hygiene.
5. Family creative time – invent a rhyme or tune about using masks. Praise for using without being told!
6. Teach by Example – Wear yours and point out how others are doing their part