- Mr. Cuddy PK-6
- How Do I Feel Today?
- Helpful Websites
- Mental Health Information
- New Student Registration Grades 7-12
- Parent Portal Link & User Guide
- NEED HELP NOW - CRISIS and HOTLINE NUMBERS
- Stop Bullying Now
- Talking to children about violence
- Counselors Blog
- Bobcat Challenges
- Safe Zooming
- TeleTherapy Consent Form
- Period Schedule
- Hinsdale Central School
- Counselors Blog
Being KindPosted by Gary Cuddy on 4/23/2020
Being Kind should always be everyone's "Golden Rule". Certainly you remember us talking about that. At least you better! In these difficult times, where we appear to be "cooped up" ... being kind can sure be put to the test. It might be harder to be kind to our brothers and sisiters because we are forced to be with with them 24/7.
During this time, we must stay inside far more than any of us like. We may find ourselves using social media, "far more than your parents like" - lets be honest, more than is probably healthy. But, for many, it is the best way to stay connected with our friends. Certainly, social media can be a good thing. Yet, it can be a dangerous and cruel thing. It can be a lot easier being mean to people from behind a keyboard, when you are not in their presence. Studies have shown cyber bullying is on the rise and is the number one cause of bullying.
All I am asking is please remember to be kind especially on the internet. Treat others the way you want to be treated. There it is again..."The Golden Rule". Please view the You Tube video below done by no other than Mr. Noll's Daughter.
Commit yourself to performing one act of kindness everyday.
Coronavirus Info: Everyone Please Stay Safe and HealthyPosted by Gary Cuddy on 3/25/2020 1:00:00 PM
Mr. Cuddy’s Blog
I know there is no shortage of this information out there for this but then again, I feel it is important enough, that I don’t think there can be too much of it either. Stay safe everyone and try to follow the following suggestions:
- Remember to clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people—6 feet.
- Cover you cough or sneeze with a Kleenex or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw tissues in the trash, then immediately was your hands.
Are You Bored Yet?
If so, here are some ideas you can try when you are “finished doing your homework”...Of course this does not include everything. If you have some ideas or would like to share what you have been doing. Write a story or even make a video to share,
- Play outside-avoid crowded playgrounds
- Take a walk
- Ride a bike
- Climb a tree
- Watch movies
- Read a book
- Start a new hobby
- Play board games with your family
- Perform an act of kindness new hobby
- Clean your room
- Face time friends
- Keep a journal
Can you think of other activities you can do? If so please share with your friends and teachers…
I have been trying to find some fun videos online that deal with our Character Education traits. When I find some good ones… I will try to share with everyone, to help keep our brains learning and busy. I have already shared one on Courage. Some of your responses to the video and the questions were great! Thank you!
During our time away from school; I have been attempting to contact some of you by phone and or emails, just to check in with you, pass on information, see how you are doing and to answer any questions you or your parents might have.
Stay safe and healthy everyone. I hope to see you soon!